fiverr

Friday, October 3, 2014

A Book about a Journey

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami - A 15-minute Instaread Summary


Instaread summaries are helpful to me when I approach a book outside my usual comfort zone.  Japanese authors and culture are not my usual fare, so I turn to Instaread to see if Murakami’s book should be added to my reading list.

Instaread gave a broad overview of the book, followed by chapter summaries.  The book is an account of one man’s journey from rejection and bewilderment to a fresh start. Tsukuru spends sixteen years of his life not knowing why his high school friends suddenly turned away from him.  He assumes there is something wrong with him until Sara enters his life and suggests, quite sensibly, that simply asking for the truth would be a great way to get past his past. Tsukuru learns the truth and the book ends with him making a decision that will move him forward in his life.

Instaread offers a “Reader’s Perspective” which serves as an opinion about the book.  I agree that the switching from past to present from chapter to chapter was a good device for understanding Tsukuru’s pilgrimage.  The point of the book was to show how his wrong thinking had stalled his life at several key junctures.  Once he learned he was not colorless and worthless, however, he was ready to pursue a new relationship and move forward with his life.


I received my copy of Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami - A 15-minute Instaread Summary free for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment