fiverr

Friday, September 19, 2014

An Instaread Summary of D'Souza's "America"


This little book was my introduction to the Instaread series.  Since I have not yet read America: Imagine a World Without Her by Dinesh D’Souza, this summary was a good way to find out if that book is different enough from D’Souza’s other books (which I have read) to justify my time and cash.

I was not disappointed.  Instaread first gave a broad overview of the book, which is an account of the two different viewpoints in American politics and culture today.  On one side are the progressives (also recognized by D’Souza as anti-colonialists) and on the other are the conservatives/constitutionalists.  Very brief accounts of key people are also included in the introductory matter, in case the book is read by a political or historical novice.  Notable is the summary of Saul Alinsky’s 4-point Lucifer strategy: polarize, demonize, organize, and deceive.  D’Souza appears to have nailed the progressive plan.

The body of the book consists of chapter summaries.  I can tell from these summaries that the book includes detailed discussions of the value conflicts between conservatives and progressives, including economic freedom v. sexual/social freedom and entrepreneurship/capitalism v. tolerance/entitlement.  The chapters cover reparations, foreign policy, bureaucracy, domestic spying, and many other issues relevant to concerned Americans today.

Reading this “30-Minute Instaread Summary” has made me more enthusiastic about making time to read the entire book by Dinesh D’Souza.  I also will seek out more Instaread e-books as a supplement to reading reviews on book websites.


I received my copy of America by Dinesh D'Souza - A 30-minuteInstaread Summary free for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment